Thursday, April 10, 2008

food

Tonight The Print Center is hosting an event with Shelley Spector. It runs from 6-8pm and will surely be interesting. However, if you can't get your ass in gear for art, you best at least come for the food. All food is from great little spots in my neighborhood. First stop was Matteo's on the corner of 12th and Ritner. All the ravioli's and gnocci and spagetti and who knows what else looked amazing. I stuck with stuffed olives, maranated mushrooms and maranated mozzarella--all this for under $10!

Next stop, Caccia's bakery on Ritner and 16th. Small and non-discript with amazing bread, tomato pie, and stromboli. Better than Sarcones (yeah, I said it). As an added bonus, I get repremanded every time I go in there for ordering wrong. It keeps me in my place.

No comments: