Thursday, June 26, 2008

Philadelph-eli on Vacation!

Saddly, I didn't actually get to go anywhere, but my drawings did. I'm not sure how many of you have ever heard of the lovely town of Saugatuck. It sits on the western coast of Lake Michigan on Kalamazoo Lake. During the winter it's a sleepy little art town. Everyone knows everyone else and they eat at places like the Calico Kitchen where there really are frilly waitress uniforms and checked tableclothes and it's not meant to be ironic. During the summer, however, it blows up. People come up from Chicago and park their boats in the harbor. It also hosts a "Family Week for queer folks and their family making it sort of the Provincetown of the Mid-West.

My parents belong to an art collective their where they sell their jewelry and woodturned bowls. In an effort to maybe make a little money off this art degree I turned my sights to some Saugatuck landmarks and sent the drawings to the collective. If you're in the area check them out!


























No comments: