Friday, June 6, 2008

Baked Goodness, or why i missed the bus twice this morning

I know I've blogged about Potito's (1614 Ritner Street) and how amazing they are, but it stands to be repeated. Upon missing the first #2 bus this morning I decided a danish would make me feel much better. I walked south on 16th and before I even rounded the corner onto Ritner I could smell the baked lovliness. I got two danishes--cheese and cherry. The cherry was better, but what I really wanted was a danish with both cherry and cheese. I think I need to become more of a regular however before I can begin making suggestions.

I then looked down 16th again and saw that no bus was coming so I decided to purchase something for lunch as well. I went over to Caccia's Bakery for a spinach stromboli. The bread is fresh and the fillings are amazing. Quite honestly, it's the best bread in the city and I don't take that lightly. Another fabulous option I considered is a mixed pizza. For about $10 you can pick from a variety of pizza types and create your own pizza. You get 12 slices in all and they all will be delicous.

I left just in time to see the bus headed up the block. I considered going into the italian specialty store that's right on the corner of 16th and Ritner, but I didn't want to push my luck.

No comments: