Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nature, Please.

I've been getting really down about the city lately. Don't get me wrong, the energy here is great right now. The Phillies are in the World Series and people are spontaneously cheering in the streets. However, I can't shake this intense need for trees. I expect part of it is this amazing fall weather. I just want to bundle up and listen to wind rustle through trees, not a sickly looking stick struggling to grow through concrete.


If any of these feelings sound familiar I'd invite you to visit the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen annual craft fair. Anna and I went two years ago and it was lovely. Don't go expecting uber hip art star stuff (though you may well find some of that too). This is old school. There's loads of ceramics, woodworking, jewelry as well as music, food and a truck with people that make their own soda-pop. When I went before I got the greatest pair of hand made slippers EVER.


So check it out. The fair runs today and tomorrow and is held at Montgomery County Community College. Click here for directions. I'll post some photos from our outing later. In the meantime I will post some pics from my trip to Vermont exactly one year ago today.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when we move you can come visit often...there are lots of trees! :-)---D